11 January 2009

Brief Update

I don't spend more then a couple minutes (if that) on the computer these days and today's no exception. I just wanted to drop a few lines and reassure you that we're not dead.

Our power was restored the Tuesday following our outage. We came home on Monday night hoping for the best and found ourselves still without power. We climbed under layers of blankets and hunkered down for the night. The next morning we spent trying to stay as warm as possible (our house was around 45 degrees) and we finally a message from our power company telling us that we would have power restored in the next 48 hours. I promptly melted into a hormonal sobbing mass on the floor. I just wanted to be sick in my own home but we knew we couldn't keep our kids in the house that long. Suddenly our power flickered on. I really do believe our Heavenly Father knows our limits and won't push us beyond them!

Since then the holidays have come and gone in a blur. They were great for everyone else. :)

I've got some serious morning sickness issues though. I seem to be developing what only about 2% of pregnant women get. It's called hyperemesis gravidarum or HG. I had it with Noah (his was violent but quick) but this seems to be different in that it's lasting longer and the weight loss hasn't been as rapid. Noah: -25 lbs. in 3 weeks. Fetus #4: -15 lbs. in 1 month. Zofran almost entirely cured my sympotms with Noah. Zofran is doing next to nothing with this one.

Matt, who's pulling both our weights, also injured himself at work. He'll be seeing a Dr. tomorrow. We'll let you know if anything major happens with that.

Well, I've spent all my 'good' time writing this so it's time to go. Lots of love and wishes for good things for you and yours.

3 comments:

Wise Family said...

Hey Hydi! Sorry you are not feeling good. I hope you find something that helps or get past it quickly. Glad your power is on again and you can get back into your own house!

Bita said...

I'll keep you in our prayers!!!

Gril - I just nominated you for a blog award. Check out my blog for details:
http://www.brcphotography.com/blog/?p=712

xox

Amy (Swapp) Tremayne said...

You haven't called in a while!! Time for another brief update I think. Love you!